Thursday, July 2, 2009

Elevator (short) pitch for project Idea

More than 10-thousand print reporters either retired or were laid off so far this year (in 2009). But the newsrooms are still open and trying to figure out how they can interact with readers &/or customers while operating with smaller staffs. I say we design a program to help these newsrooms bring some of the online digital tools to their websites  - so they are more interactive. Once the program is up and running we can start a consulting business to travel to various newsrooms (or national conventions and conduct sample training seminars) and train the news managers and staffers on how to incorporate these skills into their daily routines.  


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea. One year ago I took TV training (lignting, audio, DV cam, production, editing etc.) - instructors were brilliant. But I didn't practice and all I learned was forgotten in a month. So, if there is a website with multimedia/interactive features and instuctions, I will definitely visit it.

    ReplyDelete