Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My first piece as a backpack journalist for NBC

I added an extra project to my list of 'things to do this summer.'
And I'm happy to say it's done - so I can focus on the final stretch for both summer classes.
But I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it.

Just so you know, I am planning to use this tape as part of my capstone final project. But since I'd already gathered the footage, I pitched the story to NBC and they said they would be happy to take a package on it. But they did not pay me for the piece. (note: I had to take vacation days to shoot it, and traveled on my own dime.) This was free content for NBC - other then a few script sessions with a producer in New York. But I do, now, have a package with my name and voice - not to mention tape I shot and edited - on the NBC website. So that's the trade off. It's not a sustainable financial set up. (No kidding!) But OK for now.

The piece was posted on the NBC website last Friday - July 17th, 2009.

Please click here to see it.

take care -

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment